Harley Benton PB 50

Polly

Polly

Bassix
ß10.716
Hallo,
bestimmt schon öfter diskutiert. Lohnt sich ein Neukauf um den Bass anschließend zu Pimpen? Es gibt ja zwei Farben. Sunburst und Rot. Die Sunburstvariante scheint laminiert zu sein. Ist das bei der roten Ausführung auch der Fall? Ich frage, weil ich den Body eventuell bearbeiten möchte.
Hat jemand Erfahrung damit?

Ganz ehrlich?

Such dir einen anderen Bass zum Pimpen.

Weil:
Der HB PB 50 ist verdammt gut - und zwar so wie er ist!

Einen Bass mit diesem Ton auf Portokassenniveau anzubieten ist schon grandios.

Ich habe den SB und bin immer wieder erstaunt, was der kann.
Bei einem Treffen hatte jemand mal einen älteren Fender Precihals an den geschraubt, und plötzlich kamen noch erheblich mehr Höhen dazu. War schon irre, was da noch rauszuholen ist.

Aber: wer hat schon einen gut abgehangenen Precihals unter dem Bett rumliegen, der per se einen drei- bis vierfachen Verkaufswert eines PB-50 hat...?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The sunburst version seems to be laminated.
The sunburst has a "Foto Flame" finish, similar to the process Fender Japan used.

The finish may show a 2 or 3 piece grain pattern but below will be different. The body is also protected by a thick poly finish, no easy task to remove.

As for the quality of the bass, they are good. The single coil P-bass was a very simple design, all you really need is a comfortable neck; an area where the PB-50 excels.

Many buy the PB-50 as a 'mod' platform but the truth is there is very little requires changing unless it is for cosmetic reasons. Reshaping the peghead to Fender's original is an obvious mod, takes around 10 -15 minutes. Bridge and tuning pegs function, I still have the factory fitted parts on my PB-50 bought over 10 years ago 👍

The pickup is where most, mistakenly IMO, think they can somehow 'improve' the PB-50; here I stand with the guilty :rofl: Over the years I've tried various Seymour Duncans, a Fralin overwound, the pickup from my Paisley Fender, custom built singles with low wire counts and high wire counts, hum cancelling splits/stacked; all powered by different strength Alnico/ceramic/Neodymium magnets. There I can honestly say any differences were so subtle they were of little consequence, no consequence apart from the damage to my wallet 😃

Zurück
Oben Unten