Bass to rent or lend in Berlin (7/8-13/8)

DC Erik

DC Erik

Bassix
ß126
Sorry for writing in English, but my high school German gets a little bit worse every year.

I'll be bringing my children to Berlin from 7/8-13/8 to visit their Opa, and meeting my brother there. He's a guitar player, and we'd like to be able to play a bit in the evenings in our AirBnB. I contacted tbs-backline.de, but they cater to pros who need top end gear and service, and the pricing was well above what we're willing to spend for a week of playing (600 Euro or so). So I'd love to find someone or someplace where we could cheaply rent decent, mid-range gear, or purchase it used at a good enough price that we'd feel good about donating it at the end of the week to someplace like https://musikerohnegrenzen.de/spenden/instrumente/ We're experienced, respectful players in our 50s, and will take excellent care of the guitars.

Anyone have any ideas that might get us playing? Are there generally used instruments at the Sunday market at Mauerpark? Any good shops that might be willing to rent us used gear? Any kind individuals who might want to loan out or rent us some used equipment?

Many thanks,
Erik

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
That would be amazing! Not planning to amplify it, as we'll just be sitting in the living room. And I'd be happy to reciprocate if you're ever visiting Washington DC. Thanks so much!!

Welcome Eric!
You can check kleinanzeigen.de as well.
There's a category for instruments. Simply enter your post code / city to narrow it down within a few kilometres.
Good luck!

Welcome Eric!
You can check kleinanzeigen.de as well.
There's a category for instruments. Simply enter your post code / city to narrow it down within a few kilometres.
Good luck!
That was my plan. Several almost affordable acoustic basses listed there, and heaps of guitars. The plan was to contact some sellers a week or so before the trip to ask if they'd consider renting. Probably still the best way to get my brother a guitar, as I see several decent ones under 100 Euro. Thanks!

Frauds usually don't offer a collection.
That's very true!
If Eric collects himself and does NOT accept prepaiment, he should be safe!

PS I had (almost) some very bad experiences with Kleinanzeigen since they changed ownership. No matter if it was notebooks, instruments, metal detectors or bike GPS - 90% were fraud! For both sales and buying.
I don't understand why this happens so often after Kleinanzeigen left Ebay!?

Das lief übrigens alles ganz wunderbar. Erik hat sich sehr gefreut und der Bass war in besten Händen und ich glaube einige Menschen sind sehr glücklich geworden.

Es war toll neue Menschen kennen zu lernen! Thanks Erik
Und Mal wieder den Blick für schönes zu haben.

Ach und ganz eigennützig: der Bass steht zum Verkauf in den Kleinanzeigen

Thanks Martin and Bassic.de for one of the best experiences of our trip! Had a great time jamming with my brother on guitar and daughter singing, and had a little show for Oma and Opa on Sunday. Your friendship and generosity really made our trip special! Hope I can return the favor one day.

Zurück
Oben Unten